Saturday, October 08, 2011

Eight weeks towards scrimmage - day 27 - Things I learned this past week

This past week I have been taken over by this nasty virus. It has settled itself in my stomach and I am fighting it with anti-biotics and a thorough clinging to my sense of humor.
It only hurts when I laugh...

And while being sick, I find I learned some stuff as well;

  • When I am convinced I am dying, due to stomach ache and projectile vomiting, all I can ask for is...my mommy
  • My mommy is always there, even through the hurling
  • A suppository is not what I supposed it was. 
  • Also; it is not supposed to be fun
  • I can crochet under any circumstance
  • My whole family will be dressed in crochet clothing this winter due to this virus, thank you
  • Help always comes from unexpected sources
  • M. loves me
  • M. might also have a defect in his sense of smell or sight, or both
  • M. loves me
  • I managed to not touch one cigarette for a week -yes, that's how sick I was- and when I lit up last night, just to see wether I'd like it, I got really sick, again. And hated the smell. So I guess that is one bad habit down.
  • I am cleaning my innards and the slate at the same time. I do really believe that I am puking out the bad in me, the negative, the misery. Ok, so bacteria might have to do something with it, but you get it. 
  • It takes a lot more than I'd think for me to actually die. That is quite the consolation.
  • I love M. 
  • I love my mommy
  • I love them both unconditionally
I guess you never stop learning.

I am off to crochet a new kitchen and some hats for the apples in the fruit bowl. Or maybe I'll crochet the apples firrst...or....








1 comment: