What I thought would be a relatively mellow EMT shift turned out to be the most hectic shift I've had until now!
To sum it up;
Lots of twisted ankles, swollen knees, a couple of nosebleeds, a case of severe dehydration, a concussion, and a scary fall with what looked like a possible neck fracture, but what turned out to be -thank the lord- a good hit with a concussion for Rex Havoc. I had a lot of help from San Diego's Hose Her Down, who is awesome and probably could have done it all without me. And of course Sweetie who has really worked her butt off this week and was always at the right place at the right time. Oh heck, every single EMT, volunteer, announcer, manager, ref and helping hand at Rollercon was amazing. Thank you so much for making this week the so much more than I expected!
After the shift, I dwelled by the vendors rooms, like a beggar hoping for scraps, that of course, were not there. I did stumble across Krissy Krash though -if you don't know her, crawl up from under that rock and look her up, she is an amazing skater AND coach for Derbalife. And guess what Holland; Derbalife is coming your way soon! And that is AWESOME! Got it? AWESOME!
So after my beggars round, I went to find Whip who was at the DBC track as Buttblock and Myagi had entered the open scrimmage! I have video footage of that, but it is too big to upload, so I'll try to compress it at home and put it here later. Just trust me on this; even though they were both knackered after this intense week of practice and partying, they ROCKED!
The suite was proof that this hotel does not just have uncleaned, smelly rooms with poop floating in the tub. There was a nice living room set up, with a bar AND they had Rockband installed! (Courtesy of Hurt Reynolds) Soooo with free drinks, the best people ever in the house AND music to play, the party soon was on its way. Best quote of the night -according to Buttblock- 'That is not a mic stand, those are my boobs!'
| Myagi and Buttblock going aaalllll out! |
| Rock it baby! |
| Good to know that even in Vegas I still look like an ass when I'm belting things out. |
| This is THE band. Like THE DNN... |
| Oh yeah! |
| I take singing way too seriously, I should get over myself, no, REALLY |
Sadly, I had to leave early as my flight is due early tomorrow morning, and though I am already sad that Rollercon is over, I am also very ready to go home. So I guess I am putting my laptop away now, and get into this unmade bed for the last time, so Sweetie and I can fall asleep to the sound of some crappy old comedy or soap episode. Next time we talk, I will be back home, missing Vegas, but on my way to help making Derby as huge in Holland as it is in the states...
You look great as an amazon roller!
ReplyDelete-Love Josh from Mexico ;)