Monday, August 29, 2011

Working towards a new season and a new butt...

As our new season starts Monday September 5th, and I am trying to get our league and not in the least myself ready for it derby work seems to rain down on me like Niagara Falls. It seriously feels like there is no end to all these tasks. But I cannot shake the feeling, that part of me makes these tasks up just to not let go, yet.


While dividing my tasks among the new boardmembers and chiefs of committee I stumble upon missing links, loose ends and the traces of my recent derby depression still whispering of time and efforts wasted.
But if anything I am one stubborn girl, so I am putting my money where my mouth is. Or die trying.


Hereby I promise myself the following:



This week I will finish all the stupid tasks that I've given myself.

This week I am not yet allowed to skate (My physical therapist basically said; 'Sure you can go skate. If you don't mind having to spend another four weeks in therapy and your recovery set back a few weeks more.' Right. Got that message, thank you.) but I am hosting a basic skating skills class tonight, which should get my derby blood flowing again.

Today I started my famous diet (gotta love those cardboard shakes and soups that taste like hot tears with ketchup) as I really need to shed those extra pounds.

This week I will bike to work every darn day (because sadly that is the only exercise I am allowed, and guess what, I HATE biking)

This week I will make a reasonable schedule of hours I allow myself to spend on derby for the next month. (Not only am I rationing my food, but also my time. It is all I can do to stop myself from going completely nuts.)

This week I will drive to Solingen (Germany) and Malmö (Sweden) to officiate and announce derby bouts and I will enjoy it dagnabbit!

This week I will be very hard on myself when it comes to not being so hard on myself.

This week is the first step towards a happier, healthier me and, let's not forget, a but I can flaunt. At any occasion. Because basically, that's all a girl needs. ;)





3 comments:

  1. I love your butt! To prove it, I will give it a nice smack tonight. And I love your last promise. That is SO me. I swear, we are cut from the same mold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I am not skating tonight, I am very much contemplating wearing my crash pants now... ;P
    See you tonight awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and I am proud of you!! You will get over this funk (I know that's downgrading it..). And I will help you too!! By making sure you have an amazing time in germany and malmo! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete