When I wake Sweeties bed is empty, and her EMT bag is gone. So she made it to the early shift. For some odd reason all sense of dress has left me in this heat ridden, derby butt-supporting place and I decide to wear short shorts, a Suckerpunch tank top and flip-flops. That may not sound very daring, but trust me, in Rotterdam M. is the only one that will see my cottage cheese legs without form supporting leggings or tights. Okay, so one time at derby practice I lost all sense -it must have been a hot day- and went to practice in shorts, but I remember I felt uncomfortable throughout the whole practice.
So scantily clad I Jello my way down to the convention hall where I found Whip and some of the other announcers waiting for the pow-wow that would never be. Long story short; within fifteen minute I find myself in the skybox, coaching Cali Kat who is announcing for the very first time. She did really well! After that I finally meet Val Capone, the team Mouth manager. I am a little intimidated, I must admit.
But there is no time to dwell, for I need to get going and get dressed for my shift at registration.
I find my choice of attire is not a smart one, for my short shorts cannot prevent my cheese thighs from sticking together and really irritating the living sh*t out of me.
The registration shift I am lucky enough to share with Whip and Axl, who hands me some more free swag -t-shirt yay!- and ...
| awwww |
Before I go to my EMT shift, Buttblock and Whip pimp my way too big generic EMT shirt, 'till there is not much more left than an a strip of clothing. It does get me loads of compliments, so I guess they did a good job.
My EMT shift is really mellow, no huge injuries, but the hall I am in is FREEZING! When The Hot Flash comes in to teach her class and finds me shivering, she stays true to her name and has her husband bring me one of her sweaters to wear. That's derby love!
| My EMT box |
When my shift is done at 11 pm, I find Buttblock and head out to buy me a sandwich and some potato chips as I am STARVING. When we are done we wander through the casino on our way to the pub as there is supposed to be a 'pants off, dance off' night hosted by The Vagine Regime.
On our way there we stumble upon Furrrocious sitting behind a one cent slot machine. Apparently Dr No-No explained to her how this gambling thing works and since then she has been sitting behind this -John Wayne themed, important detail- machine, having complementary cocktails. She is currently up 70 bucks!
And it is all downhill from there. I will not go into detail, but the 'gambling thing' is contagious. Soon Buttblock and I are with Furrr yelling at machines and slowly but surely losing money. Then Whip joins us, and even she is not saved from the virus. There is this one particular machine that you can play four people at the time -ideal for us!- that will, in case you hit a bonus, let you fish for bucks. There is a huge screen above the machines that will show your fisher man or woman in a boat, and you cannot really do anything but wait, but soon we are yelling at the screen, like we can coach our fisherboat over the line towards the big fish.
*For all those moms, husbands and friends reading this, do not be concerned. Yes we lost, but no we did not lose huge amounts of money, remember, we were playing one cent machines*
We get more free drinks. I order a Corona -my choice of drink while gambling, obviously- and BAM! I am a happy drunk. Yes, it took only one beer to turn me into an obnoxious, yelling, idiot that suffers from uncontrollable laughing fits. Now that I re-read this, I wonder if it really was the beer, not just me. ;)
After awhile we decide to head for bed. I am announcing tomorrows first challenge bout, and the girls have a lot of lessons to attend. I am not sure I remember where to go in this dark cave like hotel, but Furrr generously takes my arm and leads me to the elevator. Still giggling we both decide it was the best night of Rollercon, so far.
Hahahahahaha!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was defenitley a great night at RollerCon!!
xoxox