I wake up feeling groggy. My stomach growls. I need breakfast. I call room service and order my breakfast up. My stomach growls even more. My phone beeps. A text from S., the girls are ready to take on another day of Vegas. I feel all but ready. I find I am melancholic, homesick, hungry and crave to read and write more than anything. I text back I'll contact them when I am done being the moody and shell bound me and grab my book.
I read all through breakfast, and some more after, pooring coffee from the huge can they sent up every now and then, reading, reading, reading. I finish my book in tears. As per usual I lose myself so much in the book I get emotional, I rejoice with the characters and cry with them. I know, I am a big cry-baby.
Though satisfied with having finished my book, I feel it didn't really help my mood. I find I miss M. I miss talking to him and his ability to always make me laugh. I text him. He texts back that I need to stop worrying and that I should have fun. I promise him I will.
But I need to write first.
I take a shower, get dressed, poor myself some more coffee and write. So here I am. I've written all I needed to get out of my system. It is time to be back in the here and now and find my friends. And while I am at it I might shoot a dollar at my luck and try to take home the million bucks that will save M. and me from our kitchen cabinet sized house. One can certainly dream, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment