Let's see what I remember:
- Day 22 I went to the gym for a very thorough session. Yay.
- Day 23 I worked the entire day. No exercise. Not even challenge exercises.
- Day 24 I went to the gym. Awesome
- Day 25 I went to the gym again. Awesomer!
- Day 26 I missed Roller Derby Practice due to a meeting from hell. I am sad to say I didn't mind as much as I think would be ethical.
- Day 27 I went to the gym for over 2 hrs. Awesomest?
- Day 28 I took off of work to go to the gym. I know. Insane.But Awesome.
- Day 29 I had the honor to announce the first official Roller Derby Bout in Holland. ADD vs RGA (Kaiserslautern). I was dressed as...something in a lucha libre mask. I had contemplated to go as lucha leche and wear a milk-carton cape. But I had no time nor milk cartons. MEH.
- Day 30 I went to a workshop manufacturing a deer head. Yes you read that right. no exercise. I did start a new diet though.
- Day 31 I went to the gym for 2+ hrs again. Stoked.
- Day 32 I had a really really bad day at work. Went home to lick my wounds and sulk on couch. A miracle M. hasn't kicked me out yet.
- Day 33 I am, as I type, waiting for my manager to show up and have that, I quote: 'very very important meeting that cannot wait until tomorrow'. And I am thus missing out on Roller Derby Practice AGAIN. Great. I do hope I will be in time to catch a spinning class at the gym. So I won't feel completely worthless. Also, M. might want me off the couch and smiling. I guess that'd be a welcome change.
Exercise is going awesome. I start to feel a slight addiction. That might need monitoring before I turn into something nastier than I already am. Diet is going great. Even my critical eyes see I am losing weight and firming up.
As for my mood ...I need to tend to that. It is all work related, but as work will not slow down in the near future I really need to find a way in dealing with it without spewing my poison towards M. Or anybody else for that matter.
So as my manager still hasn't shown; Homework week 4!
1. What is your favorite healthy snack?
Red pepper slices, cucumber slices or humus.
2. Tell us the story of the first time you went roller skating.
I had gotten skates for my 7th birthday. And I took them out on the pavement in front of our apartment building and kept rolling in front of the big window next to the entrance. So I could see myself in its reflection. I did this the entire afternoon. I don't remember falling or being scared, so I guess I did allright. When I was eleven I would go to the kiddies roller disco with my friends. And then when I reached thirteen; BAM! I quit skating altogether. So when I retried for derby in september 2009 I sucked. And to be really honest, I still kind of do. I am afraid I will never skate like that careless and fearless seven year old again. Oh well.
3. Make sure to thank your refs and nso's this week at practice. Name your ref staff here as a shout out!
It is a crying shame, but I only know of our head ref, Belle Anger. And our head NSO, Red Peril. Who are both awesome. As I am still fresh meat with my new league, I haven't been to team practices or scrimmages yet. :/
4. What is your most committed penalty? How are you working on staying out of the box?
I have never played or scrimmaged. So I couldn't tell you for the world. I guess my whole; taking it reaaaaally slow before becoming a WFTDA-tested team-member is a way of staying out of the box. ;D
5. In light of the Oscars airing this Sunday post a pic of your fav derby movie!
![]() |
| Raquel Welch in Kansas City Bomber |
I guess that's it for now. I am finally off to my meeting. Keep safe and keep rolling!

No comments:
Post a Comment