Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 48 - What happened? And (belated) homework week 7 *shameonme*

Where it might have seemed I was a daily blogger at first, these days I cannot seem to find the time to keep the blogging up.
 It is not so much that I have been busier than before. It is just...

Yeah what is it exactly?

I have not been well. Not exactly sick in the "bubonic plague, high fevers and exploding boils" kind of way but not my healthy happy self either. I've been having the worst headaches ever at very random moments. No fun. Of course being the secret hypochondriac I am, several possibilities crossed my mind. From alien possesion to the expanding of my cranium and worse.

Fact is, it's stress. Boring stupid self induced stress. 
As stated before my job has been all but heavenly lately, and though I've struggled to find my balance again, I found I mainly suppressed my frustrations. Combine that with a shitload of (self discovered, self kept, non-delegated) derby work and there's you're answer: stressed out me.
Yes, this also puts a strain on my relationship. Adding more stress. Making me more miserable and unhappy. 

I am working on this. Or am I working through this? It is hard. It is harder even not to smoke now. And I admit I fell off the wagon twice these past two weeks, secretly crying and smoking on the balcony. Those two cigarettes made me even more miserable, so on the upside; I think I did kick the physical addiction. Funny thing; when at parties where everyone smokes and offers me smokes, I have not touched a single cigarette. Obviously now I have turned into a secret balcony smoker. I even hesitated to say it here. This is how much I care about my new non-smoking image. Oh well. Conclusion: I am weak. But I have not given up the figth. Yet.

I have been taking pictures of the somewhat happier days of these past few weeks. And together they kinda sum up what I've been up to. And they prove I have not forgotten to smile completely.

Dagnabbit, I sound like a depressed teen. Pucker up Lady! Get over yourself and get back with the programme! Geesh...



I got new GEAR! STOKED!



Our Ref Blauwe Bill gave me a bottle of vodka to thank me for kitty sitting (this is minutes before sunday practice)
I've spent lots of time sleeping on the couch with my kittie watching over me. See? He's watching you!
I've been to Belgium and learned some new words.
And got engaged...again...to the same girl (and did a great impression of Barbamama) 
Showered after daily workouts

Looked for my cat... (he is in this picture, trust me)
All in all life ain't so bad. You old nag you! Now get to that homework! (I love how my inner teacher is never asleep)

Homework week 7

What has been more challenging, the meal plans or the workouts?
The meal plans definetly. I've been messing those up immensly. I have been watching my diet. But I've been having shakes for lunch and breakfast. And sometimes I binged. Like that time I went for sushi with my dad. Ouch!

 Who wrote the book Down and Derby? Signed copy included in the prize package!
Do want!
 Have you lost weight or inches or pant size? How much?
I've lost 2 kilos which would make for 4.41 pounds. Which is not enough to my liking. I've measured myself every wednesday. Conclusion?
Middle (belly button height)  was 101 cm = 39,76 inch is now 100 cm = 39,37 inch (I know hilarious)
Waist was 76 cm = 29,92 inch is now 72 cm = 28,35 inch
Upper arm was 32 cm = 12,6 inch is now 28 cm = 11.02 inch
Upper Leg was 62 cm = 24.41 is now 60 cm = 23.62 inch
Breast was 92 cm = 36.22 is now 85 cm = 33,46 (I know I am crying too)
What is your favorite Roller Derby Film?
The only one I've seen is Whip it...so I guess that is my answer. :)

What has been your biggest accomplishment so far in this Challenge?
Wow...ehm...I guess being almost completely smoke free (Very much ignoring the earlier mentioned two cigarettes. Yes I am in denial. Yes, I'd like to stay that way for now.)  and doing those darned excercizes every darn day. And guess what? When week eight has passed. I am starting all over again. Just to see if I'll do better the second time around. And because I kinda like this whole thing. I know, that is just insane. But I cannot help myself. Really.
And again I will try to be better with this blog thing. I should. It might help. ;P

I wished I was someone better...















No comments:

Post a Comment