And it helps. If there's anything I (still) need to learn it is letting go and realising the world will still be there if I decide to take things slower. I guess it is losing part of my self-importance and even more of my control freakishness. Trusting others to be just as good or even better at tasks as I am, and asking for, as well as accepting help.
Consciously enjoying the small achievements a day brings instead of brushing them aside, blinded by that bigger goal helps a lot too.
Again: getting there, not there yet.
And to support this semi-philosophical-tree-hugging-better-yourself-approach to life I give you music I grew up with (again, yes I am THAT old) Because music, to me still speaks louder than words...
And now for part one of week eights homework. I say part one, because the homework also consisted of putting up the dreaded 'After'- pictures. And I want to do that at the exact last day of the challenge, which would be next saturday. Then automatically making those pictures my new 'Before'-pictures. Because on sunday I will start the entire eight weeks again, hoping to have learned from this first experience and even getting more out of it, than I have already done now. Which makes a nice bridge to the only question of this weeks homework;
- I've learned that I have some personal issues I really need to deal with. I have come so far as to analyze what I should do to take care of this lingering shit, because that's what it is. Now I need to take time and really do it. Face it, live it, then toss it.
- I've learned that even when I feel utterly alone, I am not.But sometimes I prefer to be. And that is ok.
- I've learned that I can be an athlete even at this late age. I've learned that my body is amazing even though the fat on my middle will not budge. At all. Though my tits don't know how fast they should flee from me if given the opportunity. I've learned my body is stubborn (like it's owner) in a very funny and comforting way. I think I'll stick with it for some time, it suits me.
- I've learned that Roller Derby does change your life. And I think I am not even close to grasping the whole effect. And I love it.
:)))
I've watched you change... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment