In 2010 I have fallen, deeply, madly in love. With Roller Derby. As per usual my love seemed unreachable.
For the next months I'll be battling the dragons of laziness, fat and cigarettes in order to win eternity in Derby Bliss.
That and I would love to look good in booty shorts for the first time in my life...EVER.
Feel free to follow me as I finally take up the glove against...me I guess.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Homework Week Four
Week four already! I really cannot believe how time flies!
So here is the homework for week 4.
Are you cheating??!!
Yes I am. As for the diet, I have been cheating from te beginning, replacing breakfast and lunch by my health shakes. and last weekend at EROCII I have tried but have fallen off the wagon at least twice (cocktail #1 and 2 in the EROC post are my accusing witnesses) in the drinking area, and perhaps some more with the offered lunches and dinners. (Pizza? Potato soup? Not really on the list huh?) I find it hard to stick to the diet as I do not like cooking for just me. I am very aware of my calorie intake though. And try hard not to overdo it. That and I should drink more. Really I should.
Excercise wise, the only days I didn't stick with the programme were again, the EROC days. I have had a four hour workout (on- and off skates) on saturday though, so I guess I have not completely failed. Plus I've doubled the amount of excercises yesterday and today. I guess I'm good in the excercise department.
Have you noticed any difference in your strength and stamina during the workouts? During skating?
Yes I have. I have more stamina, my legs don't tire that easy anymore, and I've become significantly faster on skates. I still feel I've got a long way to go, but I feel I am making progress. And love every minute of it.
Have you come up with any of your own meal recipes following the basic guidelines? Share!
As stated, I do not like cooking for myself. So I have been trying to avoid that, by giving the people around me my diet and having them cook for me. (I know I am a terrible manipulative lazy witch, but hey, no one has complained yet) our Ref Blauwe Bill scored really high by not cooking more than allowed and placing it all on a cute little plate. YAY! The few times I have cooked I mainly tried to season some flavor into it. Not with salt, but with pepper, dill, majoran, ginger and things like that. Other than that, the cooking has stayed pretty darn sober.
When is your next bout and who are you playing?
As my team is still very young (established september 2010) and none of us has even passed their minimum skills level tests, bouting is not on the agenda at all. We do look forward to scrimmaging at the end of this summer. The Belgian teams Antwerpen One love roller dolls and Gent go-go roller girlswe've befriended over the months have been so kind to say they would scrimmage with us when the time is ripe, so I guess we do have a lot to look forward to.
Take a picture of one of your healthy meals and post. If you can't take pics find a super healthy food online and share that!
This is my healthy food unit, where I store ingredients for my shakes, keep my dark rye bread and veggies. The Jameson bottle and the beer tender are not mine. Sadly.
Go go go week four! I see some interesting workout thingies coming up! Stoked!
I will defintely include this one in dance routine day!
No comments:
Post a Comment