Saturday, February 05, 2011

Homework Week Five

Week Five? Really?

Wow, time does fly! I have no clue what happened to week four, but it was gone as soon as it started.
If anything I aim to be more in the 'now' in week 5 and really feel what I am doing instead of rushing through the days wondering why I keep forgetting about things.

So here goes:

We are over half way there. What is the biggest thing that you have learned from the Challenge so far that you think will stick with you?
There is a couple actually.
  • I can live without smoking and not turn into a serial killer. I do have a lot of emotional grub to still deal with though.
  • I have no patience when it comes to wanting to see instant body results (only now it is slowly showing and I am still not satisfied)
  • I thrive well by regularity (work out, sleep enough, take time to cook, you know, things I should've picked up on some ten years ago)
  • I am actually a very disciplined woman, I can make myself do horrid things when I think they are good for me.
What is your favorite new healthy snack?
I have a hard time choosing between red pepper slices and cashews...they both serve a mood, I guess.

What was your last bout and what was the score?
As my team is very very young and still training for Minimum Skills there is no bouting in the near future. However my teammate Whippin' Red Siren participated in the EROC beginners scrimmage and her team won 150 to 79! I think that is very promising...I hope that is very promising.

Do you believe in Valentine's day? Plans?
Believe in Valentines day? I don't 'believe' in any day. I think we have an assessment on Valentines day so I guess my mind will be full of derby. But I do like getting the occasional card (actually, I like that the year 'round, so maybe that is more of a mail addiction than a festive thing) and I love any excuse to buy my loved one gifts, so I guess I'll be shopping for something nice that weekend. 

Does your team have a coach? How did you find him or her?
Not officially, but as my team mate Whippin' Red Siren train our little group we have kind of adopted the coaching along with the job. We divide tasks based on how our players tend to react to us. We do some good cop, bad copping every once in awhile. She is more of the straightforward whippin' kind and I tend to go for the motivational speak. I think we make a good team, but I would love to see what an external coach could do for us once we're further into our development as a team.


That was it? Wow. Ok. Well, I'm off to go see a friend. I hope the stormy wind don't blow me off my bike.


Derby Love

No comments:

Post a Comment