Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eight weeks towards public scrimmage; Day 8 - Self Censored

After quite some time I finally got back on skates for practice this Saturday. I felt very unstable, stiff, and after half an hour my ass started giving me crap. The muscles that I had avoided during my recovery of the tailbone episode were NOT amused. And I felt like I had to learn everything again. Which is interesting as I was training Fresh Meat. Well if anything, they could tell I could relate. In many many ways.

The Fresh Meat group, by the way, is what keeps me in derby these days. I love how they are supportive of one another, overcome their difference in skill levels, in fact use that difference to everyones benefit, how they are patient with one another, friendly and communicative. I was able to have them do pack exercises, even though there is a huge difference in skill level. It just shows that there is no difference in their comprehension of the game and of the concept of team-play.

*missing text due to self censorship  and sudden attack of sense*

I guess I am praying for a derby miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment