![]() |
| 400 Swedish Kroner down the drain... |
We decided to pray the Malmö authorities would never find out where Pixie lived and tried to forget about it. The way back to the boat in Denmark seemed longer than on our way in. Or was it just that we were tired?
On the boat we got sausages and fries –very expensive ones at that, but hey, if you are the sole provider, you can drive up prices like there’s no tomorrow, right? - trying to soothe our tired bodies.
Once in Germany, Pixie and I traded places at a gas-station, and we found an eighties radio station to accompany us on our race home. Somehow I had gotten the knack of driving the Twingo and as it was daylight my eyes were okay, so I stepped on it and raced –as far as is possible with a loaded Twingo- getting us closer to the border.
When darkness started to fall Pixie took over again, and I figured it was time to find out whether Bambi, Furrr and I could still catch a train home from Eindhoven. After just crossing the German / Dutch border we found out we had little over 30 minutes to get to the station. If we wouldn’t make it, we would be in trouble, as we all had to work the next morning. Bambi and I even had our annual reviews scheduled for that day. Sleeping over wasn’t an option as all our clothes were smelly and not work clothes and all our files and stuff were at home. While the three of us held our breath and silently prayed, Pixie like a real trooper stepped on it. Hard.
Two minutes before the train rolled in, we got to the station. We ran out of the car, shouting goodbyes, leaving Pixie with a good mess of stuff on the floor, as we emptied her entire trunk trying to get our luggage. We ran to the platform and made it just in time. Due to this rushing I hadn’t been able to get a train ticket, as Bambi and I still panting explained to the train officer. He was obviously in a good mood and not put off by our smell, and he let me stay on the train without paying. Awesome! An hour and a half later I finally got home, where M. awaited me with some midnight sushi and wine. Home sweet home.




No comments:
Post a Comment