The sleeping had effect and I felt like a million bucks, Handsome was awesome as ever as was Dusty Minefield, player for Malmö who announced the first bout with me. The games were fiercely played and very exciting to watch. The music this day was courtesy of Paulina and DigiDroid who I can seriously recommend for any derby bout. They totally felt the game and chose their music accordingly. They were able to make musical jokes, be courteous in music and knew when the sound levels should change. I was one happy camper.
Roaming around the venue between bouts I stumbled on the cutest kid ever in a Mötorhead shirt. And being Asa Spades, I HAD to take a picture. And yes, I tried to steal the kid. But daddy wouldn’t have it. Understandably.
The last bout of the day I got to sit back and enjoy. It was awesome! I couldn’t possibly have asked for a better closing of this awesome event. Luckily DNN was there both days, so you can watch it all in the comfort of your own home. ;)
When all was over, the entire audience and crew joined hands in helping tear down the floor. It was heartwarming to see everybody lend a hand and thus making sure Swede Hurt and Vix Viking didn’t have to do all that work all by themselves. All in all a very harmonious end to an awesome event. Big ups to Swede and Vix for organizing this!
After a quick drink and saying goodbye to some of the players that had to get going in order to be back at work in tome on Monday, we left for Go-go’s house. But not before catching Handsome Joe Hanson on his bike, with a well-deserved beer.
We took Harry, a referee from Stuttgart with us to Go-go’s home, where Go-go and her boyfriend treated us to delicious home-made pancakes. I bet we had the best hosts there were that weekend. So accommodating and relaxed, I cannot thank them enough.
After dinner Bambi, Pixie and I got ready and wearing our custom made ‘She came to the North’ shirts (Thank you Pixie!) we stepped out and went to the after party.
![]() |
| Pretty Bambi |
![]() |
| The Birthday Girl |
After an hour in there I felt really tired again, and found Go-go who was also planning to go home, as she had to work the next day and get up at 7. Bambi decided to join us and Pixie said she would come in later; she had way too many people to talk to, and was still on a roll.
Last thing I remember was waking up to Pixie coming in around 4. But I fell right back to sleep after that. Dreaming of girls on skates.





i am happy to hear you had a good time!
ReplyDelete