Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day three. Excercise doesn't make me pretty...

Yet...

Today was harder than the first two days. Coming out of work, literally EVERYONE on the platform waiting for the streetcar was smoking. I craved a cigarette sooo bad! So to restrain myself I immediately called a friend, and she kindly talked me out of buying, borrowing or stealing cigarettes from the people there. But it wasn't easy. I admit that.

Diet went very well today, as stated, restraining my self from eating everything I can get a hold of; not so much a problem.

But then; Excercise time! I waited 'till I had the house all to myself, knowing I would be panting and sighing like a deer in a bearclamp. It's just not a sound that should be shared. :)

So I started off pretty happy. Headphones on. Feeling pretty good about myself.

But after 60 second plank #4
I was becoming more and more troubled
To the point where the I didn't care if I was excercising next to,  or in the kitty litter box, I just wanted it to be over!
*On a different note; if this is what I look like while doing 60 second planks, I do NOT want to know what face I make while in labour. EVER.*

So after round 3 I needed motivation. I had to reward myself for each round. Before this challenge I would have rewarded myself with food. Or a cigarette. Or both. But that was no good now.

So this shows how debilitating this whole process is, because I actually 'rewarded' myself by....stacking coasters. A coaster for each round. 5 coasters meant I was done.

See? Only two more to go!

So then I only needed two more rounds. Facebooking on my handheld with other derby girls while trying to get air after another plank really really helped a lot.
After the last plank I was exhausted.

Guess what song was playing on my I-pod?


Do it again....by QOTSA...
I am supersticious, but...

HELL NO!

Ok, well, maybe tomorrow then.

For today, I made my stack!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gaaaad! these plank things sound terrible!! I want to know what they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gonna look great! with healthy smoke-free skin and longs. Breathing hard will even sound prettier, I know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Idlehands; I will show you!

    @Fietje: I hope you are right, or I am going to kick some serious American derby butt if all this turns out to have no effect whatsoever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planks are awful- but you're workin' it, girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete