Sunday, January 23, 2011

Homework Week Three

Time flies, when you're having derby fun!
Week three already? Wow!

Week two flew by. And finished in a feast of new skates, new hair and allround happiness!

New hair and panda-eyes, because I forgot to remove my mascara before showering...
Those new skates...they make me so fast I got a bit scared of flying off the track in the corners. It took some getting used to, but dang are they AWESOME or what? And the booty shorts my mom got me with the skates actually fit! I was prancing around shiny butt and all!

So homework week three, let's see...

What about those push ups?
Yeah them darned push-ups! ;) As soon as I read there is no such thing as a girl push-up, I obliged. To my teams disappointment I decided that this rule goes for derby-practice as well. It is hard, I find that in a 'real' push-up I can't get that deep. I try, but if I do my arms give out and I am pulling my teeth from the concrete afterwards. So I need to get stronger there. I try to go deeper every time, but I find it very, very hard.

Time yourself doing a plank for as long as you possibly can and post your time for question 2.
01.24.91
I think I could push that some, but my mind said no, not today. ;) But it's a nice excercise I will repeat that this week.

What kind of surface do you skate on? What kind of wheels do you use?
On sundays we train in a gym with special flooring, and for that I use SureGrip Fugitive Wheels or SureGrip twister Wheels. On Monday and Wednesday we train in a garage with concrete floor that is not very even everywhere (think ridges, splashes of cement, sand, leafs) Atom Pulse wheels


Star jump or burpee?? 
Starjump definetly. I am probably doing them wrong, for I don't find them half as hard as burpees. After three burpees I go shaky. I yell at myself, grunt, moan, but am totally exhausted after five burpees, where I can happily  do twenty or more starjumps in a row. As stated before, I must be doing them wrong.

Name two members of your ref staff. Don't forget to thank them after your next practice scrimmage.
Our head Ref Blauwe Bill who has been there from the start and is making amazing progress everyday. I am very proud of him. 
Blauwe Bill
And our new Ref George Geerst -for now without derby name-, who has only trained with us twice, but has shown commitment from the get-go. Is very eager to learn and has made an unerasable first impression by bringing pink bubbly wine and cream puffs to his first practice. (which I couldn't eat, but on behalf of the rest of the girls I thank him dearly)
George 

I think it is time to move my butt to the hague go see a friend of mine. And eat, diet approved, dinner. Yay!


Derby love!

2 comments:

  1. I like the hair!! I don't respond to each post, but I read them all and I'm proud of you!

    I'm envious that you practice multiple times a week...we're still only doing once a week because we have such a small group, we just can't afford more gym time yet. But we just had 3 newbies officially join today and 3 more are coming to the next practice. We''ll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you will! Looking forward to seeing you on friday!

    ReplyDelete