The challenge is not only to change my eating patterns, work out more effectively and quit the nicotine affaire I've been having for over 20 years but also to do homework. Keep up with progress (or fallback) contemplate and share.
Now, when I left school aeons ago I vowed never to do homework again. Here I am happily breaking that vow. See how the younger me knew sh*t about life? (Figures, she's also the one that got me hooked on cigarettes)
She wasn't all bad. Thanks to her I learned the meaning of the word persistance. She taught me how to be passionate and positive. So now I am thanking her for the lessons and starting my homework.
Here goes:
What do you think will be the hardest nutrition guideline for you to follow?
As for the foods we are allowed, none. I've been on very heavy diets (I have once lived of vitamin and protein shakes for a period of six months. Which, by the way gets you thin in no time but is a killer for your body. I DO NOT RECCOMEND IT!) The thing is, in my mind I never have time to cook. I say in my mind, because when push comes to shove I have time enough to cook two three course meals a day. I just have a problem really taking the time to prepare normal, healthy food. I tend to chow down a mars bar while folding the laundry and calling my mom on the phone. I really really need to learn to take that important time.
We want you to think before you eat, do you think before you shop?? Name three derby owned businesses.
To be honest, in Holland I would not know any. Though I am sure that between the seven leagues we have here now there must be some entrepreneurs. Wait, I know a girl in my team that owns a business. She counts! I proudly boast: Sofie Wentholt Theater en Training. Other than that...ouch... I really need to get to know these other teams better. *shame on me*
What is one thing that you have in your fridge or pantry that you thought was healthy but may now be rethinking?
Fortunately I know that the bonbons, the cheesypoofs, the liquorice (and the liquor for that matter) that share my home with me are not healthy foods. Again that terrifying diet from some time ago taught me that. So no surprises there.
I think I might have been one of the few ladies that was stoked to see there was actually so much food on the list. Real food! With taste and all! YAY!
Do you know your league history? Who founded your league and in what year?
I am very happy to be part of the Rotterdam Death Row Honeys We are a very new league and only started out end of last september. And we were founded by, well I guess me.
It went something like this:
The end of summer 2010 I hade a very lucent dream. I was rollerskating. And I was good. Hell, I was FANTASTIC! I loved the feeling of riding, jumping, striding fluently through my dreamworld. I woke up STOKED!
I completely disregarded the fact that I hadn't been on skates for the last 25 years and ordered some quads online.
Right.
I couldn't skate to save my life. Seriously. I couldn't do anything else but cling to furniture, trees, people, anything that didn't move like them darned wheels did.
Just as I was about to put the skates up for sale on Ebay, a friend told me she had gotten quadskates. I immediately claimed her, telling her I needed a buddy to scrape my face from the street every time I fell over. She declined (I guess I didn't sell it that well) and said she'd rather start a Roller Derby League!
How could I have forgotten about Roller Derby? Of course this was the sole purpose of my being! Within an hour I had a potential team in gear and off we went. (By the way, the girl that planted this beautiful idea in my head has never joined our league. She was afraid the possible injuries would influence her career as a musician, and I guess that was a wise decision. Thanks to her, our league will soon have our very own anthem!)
We are still exploring, learning all the time, and are very, very determined. And me? I still can't skate to save my life. But I can sure skate to save my love!
How did you come up with your derby name?
The Beerbaby I am going to lose. ;)
I'm cheering myself on here! (Yay for motivation!)
Good, homework done, time for a last goodbye to cigarettes, candy and alcohol. I'll be stuffing my face, if you need me. ;P


You can do it!!
ReplyDeleteAnd none of us Enschede girls has our own business that I know of ;)
LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!! And I am so proud that you are doing this. Bet you'll do fine. I am still deciding if I am going to take on this challange at all... :p
ReplyDeletexoxox
PS: There are a couple of businesses between the ADD girls. :)
And I love Furrrocious! Yay for Derby that got Amsterdam and Rotterdam to unite! Hell YEAH!
ReplyDelete